PRISM along with its network partners provides grants, technical guidance and mentoring to individual innovators by incubating their idea towards creation of new enterprises in phases. It also provides grant-in- aid support to technology solution providers developing technology solutions aimed at helping MSME cluster. Proposals are invited from individual innovators and technology solution providers under PRISM schemes for financial assistance.
- The "Technopreneur Promotion Programme" (TePP) was launched in 1998-99 by the Ministry of Science and Technology, GOI.
- TePP earlier jointly operated by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) and Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) of the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- Presently operated by DSIR, New Delhi alone since May 2008.
- TePP scheme relaunched with new name “PRISM” in 2014.
- TePP/PRISM is a mechanism to promote individual innovators to become Technology-based Entrepreneurs (Technopreneurs).
To promote and support untapped creativity of individual innovators
- To assist the individual innovators to become Technopreneurs
- To assist the Technopreneur in networking and forge linkages with other Constituents of the Innovation chain for commercialization of their Developments.
The proposals shall preferably be considered in the following focus sectors: Green Technology, Clean Energy, Industrially Utilizable Smart Materials, Waste to Wealth, Affordable Healthcare, Water & Sewage Management and Any Other Technology or Knowledge Intensive Area.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION OF PRISM SCHEME :