INSTRUCTIONS FOR ME/ MTech/ MSc/ MS/ BE/ BTech STUDENTS DESIROUS OF COMPLETING DISSERTATION WORK/ TRAINING AT CSIO for the upcoming May-June 2017 Session
- ME/ MTech Final Year, 6 months to 1 year training duration
- MSc/ MS Final Year, 6 months to 1 year training duration
- BE/ BTech Final Year, 6 months training duration
- BE/BTech 2nd/ 3rd Year, Short-Term Training, 6 to 8 weeks training duration
Students may apply on-line from this website from April 20, 2017 to May 11, 2017. Please note that a preliminary shortlist of students wishing to join by May 1, 2017 will be published before that date. Students cannot join before the joining date mentioned in their letters from their college authorities.
Eligibility, Essential Qualifications and Conditions of Training
- ME/ MTech Final Year Students, 6 months to 1 year training duration: Students who are studying for their MTech/ME degrees since 2016 are eligible to apply.
- MSc/ MS Final Year Students, 6 months to 1 year training duration: Students who are studying for their MSc degrees since 2016 are eligible to apply.
- BE/ BTech Final Year Students, 6 months training duration: Students who are studying for their BTech/BE degrees since 2014 are eligible to apply.
- Students must be pursuing their BTech/ BE/ MSc/ MS/ MTech/ ME degrees from a University recognized by the UGC/ an Institute of National Importance/ Centrally Funded Technical Institution.
- MTech/ME students must have a GATE score/marks, not necessarily a qualifying/valid GATE score/ marks.
- The training must be completed in one stretch and is full time and on-site. CSIO has a five day week, and lab timings are from 9 am to 5.30 pm. Students are expected to report on time and may not leave the lab before closing time. No leave of absence will be permitted, particularly for MTech trainees. No extension in training period will be entertained.
- CSIO has a flexible selection procedure for each session, based primarily on the requirement from our scientists and the applicants.
- Preference will be given to students from Institutes of National Importance and Centrally Funded Technical Institutions.
- A one time, non-refundable application cost of ₹500 will be charged at the time of joining
- ME/ MTech/ MSc/ MS Final Year Students, 6 months to 1 year training duration and BE/ BTech Final Year Students, 6 months training duration: A one-time, non-refundable training cost to cover the cost of training and overheads of ₹10,000 will be payable by the trainee at the time of joining at CSIO.
- BE/ BTech 2nd/ 3rd Year Students, Summer Training, 6 to 8 weeks training duration: A one-time , non-refundable training cost of ₹5,000 will be payable by the trainee at the time of joining at CSIO.
Limited, paid hostel accommodation on sharing basis within the campus is available on a “First Come First Serve” basis to students training with CSIO for a minimum of six months. Detailed information regarding hostel may be obtained from the hostel warden at the time of admission.
- Students wishing to train with CSIO for a period of 6 months or more will need to bring a signed and stamped printout of an IPR disclaimer. Click here to download the form.,
- Students are advised to thoroughly peruse our website, particularly the "R&D Areas'' and "R&D Achievements" - Publications and Patents pages to get an idea of the ongoing research projects at the lab so that they can specify a division they wish to join at the time of applying.
Click here to apply on-line
Training cost, Rules & Regulations are subject to change, from time to time, by the competent authority, without assigning any reason. Decision of the competent authority will be final in case of any discrepancy.